Saturday 5 July 2008

Brussels with Mia















On my way back to Dubai from Antigua I stopped off on the Continent for a few days. I cannot describe how great it felt to be back in Europe! I was definitely ready to try something new when I left Sarajevo, but I guess now I know that Europe really does feel a lot like home. I spent a few days with my BFF Mia and her boyfriend Mladen, in Mia's fantastic apartment in the fashionable neighborhood of Sablon.

Mia got the day off because farmers and truckers were protesting petrol prices and blocking major streets with their trucks and tractors. So, Mia and I rented bikes and made a tour of Brussels. It wasn't just a sightseeing tour -- we did some culinary damage as well, stopping for waffles, frites, and some world-famous Belgian beer. All in all, it was pretty much the perfect day!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That sounds like so much fun! I remember her from last summer, she seemed really fun. I am jealous of the waffles! :)